Wednesday, November 7, 2012

MagPile - The Cool Ranch twins


  I was investigating some upper levels of the racks at Ultimate Distribution when I came across a small, incredibly dusty box of magazines from the mid-late 80s.... including the 1st magazine I ever owned. Even more interesting was finding a copy of the December 89' Transworld with O.G. NVLOC, and my good friend, George Faulkner on the cover.

All [o] Grant Brittain

  When this issue came out, I got 2 copies via 2 different people giving me them at Christmas... long before I ever met George... and to this day I think it's an awesome cover photo. Imagine being a kid skating your local spot, and then one day you end up on the cover of the biggest skateboard magazine of the time.... must have felt amazing. Not only that, but this sucka got another photo inside the magazine for an article on the Richmond Skate Ranch, along with his twin brother Gordon, and friends Sluggo, John Munroe, Colin McKay and a few other locs.

George & Sluggo

John & Gordon

..and this little guy skating the biggest wheels Powell made.

    John is teaching on the east coast these days, Colin McKay is most likely sitting on some ridiculous footage that his fans will get to see in the near-ish future, Sluggo's been on a bit of a charge the last few years marathon ripping every bowl contest... and the twins are still both naturally awesome on skateboards and in life. I'm gonna keep digging through those dusty shelves to see what's been forgotten. You should see how many boxes of Rat Nuts are up there....

No comments:

Post a Comment