Monday, October 29, 2012

Off the Record #1 - Jersey boys

 Off the Record is a re-occurring feature I'll be doing from now on that showcases some of my favorite albums in my ever-growing vinyl collection. The focus will be placed mostly on golden era hip hop and the soul/funk/jazz music that was sampled to create it's classics. If you like what you see/hear, then you should check out Endless Summer at The Waldorf on Saturday nights.... my sets are always full of this stuff.... enjoy !


 Inaugural post honors go to Newark, New Jersey's own Artifacts... specifically the "Wrong side of the tracks" single from 1994. Pretty sure I heard this in a skateboard video 1st, probably an old 411. Backed with "C'mon wit the git down", it was well worth the 4 dollars. Now I just need to find that 9th Creation track, Bubble gum, that it samples... and a crowd that will actually know the song.



  ....did this post for my good friends in Newark... see ya soon boys !


No comments:

Post a Comment