Wednesday, December 26, 2012

AC/DTZ - Dap the Rap


  A solid 5 days off in a row over the holidays, complete with hibernation-inducing weather, was all I needed to get the creative juices flowing.... you never know how that's gonna turn out, and this time I decided to devote my energy to remixing some classic hip hop with funk & soul samples. I'd been waiting to use some of the Daptone Records tracks as samples since I first heard them a few years ago...

  After posting the Kool G Rap mash-up, I looked through my collection to see what a capellas I had.... slim pickings unfortunately, but I worked with what I had and came up with 4 tracks in total.  The Deee-Lite/Too Short mash-up was just so funny when I remembered the whistle sound from Groove is in the Heart ... so I made it as a gift for a good friend of mine who loves Blow the Whistle. Enjoy....



No comments:

Post a Comment