Monday, December 10, 2012

Off the Record # 8 - Heat in the Streets


  Every once in a while I'll buy an album based solely on how it looks.... as with this 1972 self-titled debut album from Black Heat that I got at Audiopile a few years back. When I got home and threw it on I instantly started to recognize bits and pieces that had been sampled for some classic hip hop.... including one track, "Send my lover back", that was the main loop for a beat used in Transworld's 1997 video, Interface. Not sure who made the beat, but it perfectly compliments the smooth New York street skating of Keith Hufnagel and his east coast brethren. 



  Definitely a good impulse buy... this Black Heat album is still available as a re-issue.... dirt cheap and it actually sounds great ! Maybe if I get my hands on a hard copy of Interface I can figure out who created that beat...

No comments:

Post a Comment