Monday, February 18, 2019

SOUR SO SWEET



Wow. We're huge fans of Sour here at Red Telephone, and this latest full length offering, produced largely by Gustav himself, is sure to gain the Swedish-turned-Spanish brand a whole lot more fans once the skate world at large bears witness to the magic contained within. Gustav, Nisse, Albert, Simon, the street loop... there's simply too much to even try and sum up, so set aside the time you need and watch this masterpiece with a good sound system hooked up.

Also - as if Gustav isn't enough of a wizard, this clip he filmed of the new guy is waaaaay too smooth considering he jumped off his board and then ran to keep up for the last trick! This guy is going down as one of the greatest ever, for sure.




While in Barcelona, I stopped by the Sour office - they were in the transition of renovating a new spot, close by - and met the owner, Bjorn, plus Barney, and Simon. I hung out for a while and chatted with Bjorn about all things skate, and then perused the racks for a Gustav deck to add to my collection. I remember seeing this board online before visiting Barcelona, and not having any idea what it meant. Then my board stopped dead on these damn pods so much skating around the city that I nearly lost my mind, and it all made sense when I saw the deck again on the racks. So I decided it would be a perfect souvenir. Turns out Sour was stuck with a huge amount of them because the manufacturer printed a whole bunch of 7.8's by mistake - that graphic isn't supposed to bleed, there should be space on both sides. Thanks for the killer deal, Bjorn! And the huge grip of stickers. 

WATCH THAT VIDEO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment