Thursday, February 28, 2019

RED TELEPHONE PRESENTS - STUCK IN THE PAST 2000 / PART ONE / WEST ENDS



We're back!

I took a long break in between the old Hi8 Stuck In The Past series and starting this new, mini DV Stuck In The Past 2000 run, but after I finished a few big projects in 2018 I started to capture all those old tapes and it was amazing to see how much skating people got done in Vancouver when the scene was looking pretty bleak for spots between 1999 and 2005. Skate-stopping was at it's height, and everything new was being built pre-capped.




The infamous "Dorm" in Vancouver's West End eventually birthed the Roughriders crew/brand/extended family, and part one of the series heavily features that particular group of downtown aficionados. Two of my best friends and former room mates book end the edit, and I even snuck myself in the mix since these guys welcomed me into that big cutty family from day one.




This is only a fraction of the Vancouver skate scene at the time, and there's lots more to come for Stuck In The Past 2000, so enjoy the trip down early 2000's nostalgia lane and keep your eye on The Red Telephone for the next episode!

                                                                                - Adam Cassidy


2 comments:

  1. Thx AC! Wanting more Cy, AJ, Jonny, Kelly and even Dashey. Much respect ���� +++

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I wish! I should have broken out of my shell and spent more time with the Dorm crew during that era. AJ's footage is coming though!

    ReplyDelete